Monday, August 31, 2009

20 years - Husband and Wife


> A woman awakes during the night to find that
> her husband was not in their bed.
>
> She puts on her dressing gown and goes downstairs to look
> for him.
>
> She finds him sitting at the kitchen table with a hot cup
> of coffee in front of him. He appears to be in deep thought,
> just staring at the wall.
>
>
> She watches as he wipes a tear from his eye and takes a sip
> of his coffee.
>
> 'What's the matter, dear?' she whispers as she
> steps into the room, 'Why are you down here at this time
> of night?'
>
>
> The husband looks up from his coffee, 'I am just
> remembering when we first met 20 years ago and started
> dating. You were only 16. Do you remember back then?' he
> says solemnly.
>
> The wife is touched to tears thinking that her husband is
> so caring, so sensitive.
>
>
> 'Yes, I do' she replies.
>
> The husband pauses. The words were not coming easily.
>
> 'Do you remember when your father caught us in the back
> seat of my car?'
>
> 'Yes, I remember!' said the wife, lowering herself
> into a chair beside him.
>
>
> The husband continues. 'Do you remember when he shoved
> the shotgun in my face and said, 'Either you marry my
> daughter, or I will send you to jail for 20 years?'
>
> 'I remember that too' she replies softly.
>
>
> He wipes another tear from his cheek and says...
>
> I would have been released today
!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment